Remote Crashes Media Center (Vista)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by pjkent, Jan 18, 2008.

1. pjkent

pjkent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi All,

I've noticed that occassionally my Microsoft Remote seems to crash Media Center...

Everything is fine, then all of a sudden I get a black strip down the right hand side of the of the screen (MCE is in full screen mode) with what looks like some of the icons ghosted in white.

I have an Antec Fusion case with the Antec version of the Imon VFD with IR reciever, which I thought might be the cause. So I disabled the IR reciever and plugged the Microsoft one in. And it happened again.

Any idea's what might be causing this?

PJ

2. spyder viewer

spyder viewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    Why do you suspect your remote? Why not your display/graphics combo?

3. pjkent

pjkent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think it's the iMon drivers - when I start to get funnies going on, I close the iMon application and the funnies stop.

I've seen on some forums that the Antec version of the iMon application is a bit unstable.

So a bit of a warning to anyone lookin at the Antec Fusion v2 case - great case, but you might end up having to live without the VFD until Antec release some decent drivers.

4. afroylnt

afroylnt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have the same case. I suspect the Imon drivers may be preventing my Vista PC from re-sleeping (sleeps the first time after a re-boot ) but then won't sleep again until the next re-boot - weird and rather annoying - I am going to buy a separate IR and remove the imon/VFD software completely - waste of space in my opinion....:mad:

5. pjkent

pjkent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, a bit annoying given what the VFD should do...

Until I get soime time to play with the VFD drivers to find if any variant of the Antec / native iMon drivers are stable, I've reverted to the USB IR sensor that cames with the Microsoft remote control.

Seems to work ok... but I do get the odd occasion when it won't resume from sleep.