• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Remote controls turning to goo?...

Chadford

Distinguished Member
By a quirk of fate I've ended up with a stack of spare Sky+/Sky HD boxes sat in my study, I've had them just piled up under my desk with the remotes sat on the top. I've recently given a couple away (probably the first time I've touched them in six months). I picked up one of the remotes and found it to sticky (just the black rubbery bit on the bottom), sort of like a kiddy with treacly hands had been using it. I noticed two others were the same. On cleaning them up I noticed that the rubber had been slightly eaten away. I can only assume some sort of weird reaction between the paint on a Sky box lid and the rubber of the remote. :confused:

A weird one I know, but anyone else seen this sort of thing?

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
I have two remotes ( a standard and a Sky+) that suffered the same problem. Mine were stored in a cardboard box with other remotes and nothing else. After cleaning they appear as if a "skin" has been removed from part of them. Possibly a rubber vulcanisation problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom