1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote controls and Ext selection

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by loz, Aug 8, 2001.

1. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    The only analog channel I watch is ITV.<br />Apart from that, I am watching either Sky, DVD, or VCR, which are all connected via SCART (my Philips TV has 3)

As such, I find it really annoying that I only have 1 ext/av button on the remote and have to cycle through all the SCARTs, and s-video to get to the one I want.

This was the same on my previous Sony TV too.

Given that we only have 5 analog channels why do they give us the capacity to select 99, but only 1 ext/av?

As far as I know, getting a programmable remote doesnt help, as the command to select a specific AV input isnt there. The TV only recognises av on, and channel up and down. Correct?

Anyone have a TV and remote that has more than one Ext/AV select button?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Don't know about YOUR specific Sony TV, but on my last one, it was possible to "assign" each AV input (mine had 4, I think) to a regular "channel" number. eg AV2 = "8" (or whatever). If yours can do this, the method will be in the manual. It was just a case of working through the menu and setting 8 = AV2 somewhere.

3. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The above is correct, you can assign channel numbers to AV inputs. Makes life a lot simpler. I wish my current JVC had the same option.

4. timparker

timparker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a SONY KV24LS35. It has a wizzy "New stylish remote commander operates DVD and VCR" but does not list Mitsubishi as a make under compatible VCRs - anyone got any ideas what codes to try that might be compatible?

thanks

tim