Remote controlling iTunes on a locked Windows 10 PC

geojay

Standard Member
I listen to music played in iTunes on my personal Windows 10 PC while I am working on a company laptop. Both are connected to my monitors / keyboard / mouse via a KVM. When I'm working and want to pause my music (incoming call etc.) I have to switch the KVM back to the PC, unlock the PC with its password and then press the play / pause button on my PC. Can someone think of a way to pause / play my music without having to switch back to and login to the Windows 10 PC? The Apple iTunes "Remote" app seems unreliable, plus I would prefer a simpler 'one press' solution.

I'm guessing possible solutions will involve some kind of media remote control but I assume these won't work when the PC is locked? The current play / pause on the keyboard doesn't have any effect when the PC is blocked.

Thanks in anticipation...

KBD

Go Old-School & turn off the speakers or turn them down.
It's not like you're never going to hear that song again.

Upvote 0

geojay

Standard Member
Go Old-School & turn off the speakers or turn them down.
It's not like you're never going to hear that song again.
It's a fair point but I'm often listening to spoken word where I don't want to miss some of the content...

Upvote 0

KBD

Set the machine so it doesn't lock out,
connect a secondary mouse,
poise the cursor right over the pause button

When there's a phone-call or summat, just click the mouse button.
The key is getting it stopped as quickly as possibly, then you can take your time getting it started again via the KVM.
or if your hand is steady enough not to move the mouse, resume with another click

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom