1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Controlled Volume Control

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by corebreach, Dec 26, 2003.

1. corebreach

corebreach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a Magnavox 27MS343S for Christmas, and much to my dismay the audio output volume can not be adjusted through the TV's volume control. (It is literally just an audio pass-through. Since I refuse to use the god-awful integrated speakers, I need a way to remotely control the volume of external speakers. The 3 options I have thought about:

Wired In-line volume knob (not desirable as I'm going for wireless)

Cheap stereo receiver OR home theater in a box (unless I go eBay this probably isn't a reality, my budget is 90 USD)

Dedicated remote controlled volume control

This last one is the one I want to ask you about: does such an item exist? If so, is it horrendously expensive?

2. corebreach

corebreach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nevermind all this, I found a Kawasaki AV1000 surround system (only 100 watts but I have a small room) on sale for 60 USD, and it works great.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Yes they do exist......I assume you're from the US,but you could try looking at Creek Audio's passive remote attenuator,which may well fit your bill.

www.creekaudio.com