Remote Control sockets/switches,...

dar2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a lamp that I would like to be able to switch on and off using my Harmony 895.

Does anyone know of an in-line remote switch for lamps or of a remote controlled socket that can be controlled by the 895?

I know the 895 does RF as well as IR, but am not certain whether it's RF capability is resticted to communication with the base station.

dar2005 said:
I have a lamp that I would like to be able to switch on and off using my Harmony 895.

Does anyone know of an in-line remote switch for lamps or of a remote controlled socket that can be controlled by the 895?

I know the 895 does RF as well as IR, but am not certain whether it's RF capability is resticted to communication with the base station.

I believe that the 895 will only work with the supplied RF Extender because they have to be paired together (a bit like Bluetooth devices - although they are not).

You can get RF operated plug sockets (Maplins do them) but I can't see how you would get them to work with the 895.

You might find more interesting remote lighting advice and ideas here.

dar2005 said:

checkout ikea website cos they do a rf plug thingy.:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom