Remote control problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by BstuSco, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BstuSco

BstuSco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all. Today my remote control has stopped functioning properly. Nearly every button I press brings up the input display (hdmi1, hdmi2 etc..) and strangley enough so does my v+ remote when I use the volume buttons? Television is less than 2 months old. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Toshiba 32xv555db

2. BstuSco

BstuSco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:Problem solved!!! My (Ok) button on the side control panel was stuck in. Strange, as i`ve never used them. But unfortunately the closer I looked there seems to be a bit of a fault.
    The button doesnt seem to be fitted properly. I will try to explain......:
    All the other buttons depress when pushed as you would expect, the (Ok) button when pushed without any force seems to go inward to the right hand side, it almost feels like theres nothing behind it and I could push it all the way into the casing? Is it worth worrying about, I wouldn`t think so. I could probably get a replacement or a repair without any problem but to be honest it`s not exactly a major headache but a possible manufacturing fault.

Anyway, keep up the good work AVF i`ve browsed this site a lot recently and always found it very helpfull.

P.s basically a very long post for duff button on my telly!!
    But who knows maybe others have experienced this fault.