Remote Control - problem

M

mike1664

Hi all

Just joined this forum it looks like you have a wealth of information here Great job guys.

My problem is the microsoft remote model 1039 has been working fine untill a couple of days ago when i suddenly found the buttons that make up the circle around the "OK" and including the OK button have stoped working. the only thing i have done is the WMCE updates, all other funcions are working fine. has anyone else had this problem? i have looked through the threds and cant find anything that will help me.

Please Help if you can

Thanks

Mike

Media-Man

Novice Member
remove the batteries, short the remotes battery terminals together then replace the batteries; this will reset the remote and hopefully get it working again

M

mike1664

Thanks for the reply

i have done what you said but this did not work, can i just say the IR signal goes to the receiver because i see the red light come on also i have two of these remotes and both of them do the same thing. I have also checked the USB device in Device Maneger and it indicates that it is working OK. I wonder if its a software problem? and if so does anyone know about it?

Thanks again

Mike1664

deksawyer

Uninstall it from device mngr, unplug from usb, reboot and plug usb back in.

Also, try with new batteries.

D.

M

mike1664

Thanks again

Yes good advice, done all that two or three tims now but no joy!!

Mike1664

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom