Remote Control of PC for gaming

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by pringtef, Aug 8, 2004.

1. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Is there any software out there that will allow me to remote control my HTPC for games etc from my laptop, but WITHOUT providing video output to the laptop? i.e. the only signals sent will be from the laptop to the htpc for mouse and keyboard actions

I don't have any cash at the moment to be able to afford something like a wireless/bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo, and reckon the next best option would be to use my wireless network with my laptop to send the appropriate key and mouse actions.

But a game with fast frame rate is going to die if the pc in question has to send the video signals to the remote client as well, and since the output will be on my projector screen anyway, this isn't required.

Anyone help?

2. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    wireless keyboards and mice arent that expensive.. you can pick up the microsoft wireless optical 2.0 for £35, probably no less than whatever you're suggesting would cost if it exists..

3. loftfuton

loftfuton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is there any inherent delay in sending signals from wireless mouse/keyboard that might make game-play difficult ??

Harry

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    ive not noticed any with mine, the only downside to mine is that it has a 2m distance limit