1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control nightmare

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by shill, Mar 20, 2003.

1. shill

shill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ay up,

I've recently bought a cheap pacific dvd player and yamaha cinemastation surround sound kit. Both are excellent quality - the only problem is that the yamaha remote also controls the dvd player. Turn volume up - stops dvd , etc...... see what I mean . This is really p***ing me off. Can it be that they are the same frequency ?? What can I do to sort the problem ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

ps I don't want to change the equipment either !!

:(

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Nasty. A hammer to crack this nut would be an IR router but we're talking £100+. Ring Yamaha.

Mike.

3. shill

shill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ta for the advice, but sounds a bit of a costly job.

There's no way of hacking / codes ...etc ??

I have contacted Yamaha previously but they didn't seem too interested and recomended me to contact the supplier, but as everything is in working order I don't think they could do much ??

Any more suggestions would be appreciated !!

4. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    You're experiencing an unstoppable force (the IR clash) but you've got a very moveable object ("cheap pacific dvd player"). Bad analogy but there's yer solution.

Mike.