• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Remote Control like Ozzy Osbourne!!

T

tim k

Has anyone seen that big beast of a remote ozzy uses (touch screen rectangular thing) I'd love something that big to control everything. I really need it to have bluetooth to run pc functions as well??

sijones

Established Member
Hi Tim,

It's an AMX tounch panel. Either a ViewPoint VPT-CP or a VPN-CP (as both models look identical).

Regards,

Steve

T

tim k

cant seem to source any outside of america, one going on ebay for $500. but i suppose in that price bracekt a pronto is better.

xhaytham

Standard Member
I was going to post the same thread :)

I really liked that remote control that ozzy was using ...

can anybody recommend one for me!

dts_boy

Prominent Member
the only problem with the AMX/crestron remotes is they need programming by a professional - not very end user friendly. also, there is a lot of electronics that sit behind the remote to make it work - i guess you wouldn't get much change from £5k!

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
dts_boy said:
the only problem with the AMX/crestron remotes is they need programming by a professional
not really but do take time to get right the touch screen isnt the remote its ust an interface unit the remote is the size of an AV AMP!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: a pronto pro is the closest you will get for £1k but it has issues for less wonga you can go the PDA/web pad routes!!!!

Gerard Fernand

Established Member
AMX ViewPoint touchpanels, such as Ozzy's, can by programmed as a standalone, though very expensive, IR remote control without the need for an integrated controller, whether an AV Receiver sized one or a much more compact version.

rdundas

Prominent Member
Worth also looking at the theatre Master 3000. Retails for around £600 and stonks the pronto in my opinion. Got mine 1 week ago and already have it working a trat, with animated gif buttons and sound effects as well. An absoloute joy to use. I have had a simpad and a colour pronto 970 before and prefer my new baby.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom