• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Remote Control Kettle :)

benedictm

Standard Member
I think this is the best place to put this but feel free to move if not...

I would like to find a way to turn the kettle on either from or a remote controlled socket

the problem seems to be finding a kettle that turns on from the mains without a switch to flick as well. does this exist? or can you override the on/off swtich if you open the kettle base up?

thanks

benedictm

Standard Member
i would love boiling water tap but you're staring down the barrel of around £1200 for the cheapest kit - the advert only mentions the tap at £700 not the other bit necessary to make it work. a bit like a car company neglecting the price of the engine in their adverts.

you can buy an actual remote control kettle for about £80 but thought getting a remote control socket and bypassing the on/off with a bit of wiring on an uber cheap kettle would be more fun/cheaper/probably quite dangerous

benedictm

Standard Member
hmmm might have a look into that then. i don't know much about soldering but I'm pretty sure you could just alter the board so that the thing is on all the time - i e both the on and off position of the switch allow power to flow. then just switch it on from a remote plug socket. right?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom