Remote control issues *solved

wrench86

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my remote. Randomly last night It seems to function sometimes and other times it just won't respond. So if I press menu 10 times it might work once. This is all while pointing it directly at the IR sensor. And im about 1m away
I even stood up I was about 20cm away from it. I've changed the batteries I even tried my oneforall remote that won't work either. So I don't think it's the remote? With it working sometimes and other times it won't I'm a bit confused what is causing this.
Optoma hd27 projector.
Thanks

Another remote with a stuck button? I've had similar situation with a blu ray player - the signals from the two controllers interfere with each other. The culprit in my case was a sky remote.

Another remote with a stuck button? I've had similar situation with a blu ray player - the signals from the two controllers interfere with each other. The culprit in my case was a sky remote.
Very interesting thanks I will try this out tonight. Probably just take all the others out of the room and try it!

It can also be the IR receiver in the PJ that's gone faulty

Years ago i had a Microsoft IR receiver that would stop working - i eventually realised the energy saving light bulb in a side table lamp was giving off IR and flooding the room.

Years ago i had a Microsoft IR receiver that would stop working - i eventually realised the energy saving light bulb in a side table lamp was giving off IR and flooding the room.
You know I just bought a yeelight bulb (google home wifi job) and it was working fine with it for the first two days. I did actually think it might have been that so I removed that bulb and tried it. Still no change. it wasn't responding all the time just every 10 key presses. Anyway I have sent a query to optimal via their website see what they have to say. I just hope it doesn't have to be shipped away.

Feel a little silly. Under my ottomon I had my old optoma projector remote that looked like it had got pinned under something. Long story short it was inferring with the signal of the new pj remote. Thank you for your suggestion!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom