Remote control/iPod issues with Denon 500

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BAC, Mar 16, 2006.

1. BAC

BAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First, hello, I'm a newcomer. I'm afraid I'm the opposite of technically savvy, so let me apologise in advance for the probable naivety of my questions.

I have a Denon 500 and am experiencing a couple of problems.

- First, and most importantly, the remote control isn't working. The small red transmission indicator is almost permanently on - instead of only coming on when a key is pressed, it only goes off when a key is pressed. Sometimes if left alone for a while the light does go off, but as soon as I start to use it the light is permanently on again. Meantime the remote has no effect. Is this a sign of a seriously damaged remote, or am I missing some easy fix?

- second, (once the remote is fixed!!) I would like to be able to connect my iPod to the system. I just can't see where to plug it in on the system. I've tried the two Video 1 inputs but nothing happens. Again, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. BAC

BAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scratch the problem with the remote - I've just realised that the up button (one of the 4 up/down/left/right buttons in a circle near the bottom) was somehow stuck down. Having levered it up again, I now have a properly functioning remote.

3. suicida

suicida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    When you have connected your iPod to the Video 1 channel press the 'Input Mode' button on the remote until 'Analog' is displayed on the 500 display

4. BAC

BAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - that solved my problem - much appreciated.