1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Control into cabinet

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by X-Factor, Nov 1, 2004.

1. X-Factor

X-Factor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had a look around for thingymabobs to allow you to control your equipment inside a cabinet by remote control.

I think I've decided on the hotlink pro from lets automate (http://www.letsautomate.com/10230.cfm?) before I splash the cash is there anything else I should be looking at (£100 a lot to waste)

I've looked at the stuff on Keene's web site but it doesn't tell you much about it, I think it would work out a bit cheaper but I don't think it would be as flexible??

I need to control at least 4 things inside the cabinet.

Cheers

2. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I've got the QED Roomlink system and that works pretty well. I had to get a special lead/eye for Sky+ but other than that very simple (and it needs to be for my technical expertise!) and works fine.

3. Export Strength

Export Strength
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    One question; do you have a plasma, and if so is it sitting on the cabinet close to where the IR receiver will be located?

If so be warned that plasma's output all sorts of interference that can block IR!!! you will need a plasma friendly receiver to overcome this. Speakercraft have these.

4. X-Factor

X-Factor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I've got a plasma, I was hoping to put the reciever under the cabinet, the hot link one is just a eys on a wire. Should be a about a metre from the plasma is that still too close?

Cheers

5. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Have a look at my thread in the Arcam Forum re poor remote response. Could save you some money. Complete system from Maplin (designed for Sky) for £24.95.

Works a treat.

Gerald. :thumbsup: