Remote control in games

Fulltopuk

Sorry if this has been discussed before but my dvd remote will begin a game but once the game is in process it cannot navigate through the game menus despite having the circle, cross etc buttons. Has this always been the case or is there a way of making it happen.

Thanks

Fulltopuk

phairplay

Distinguished Member
Because the game needs the controller to be assigned to post 1 to work. Where the remote will be assigned to the last port.

it should tell you to turn your controller on when the game starts.

Wingsurfer

I've tried re-assigning the remote to slot one but it still doesn't work

phairplay

Distinguished Member
I've tried re-assigning the remote to slot one but it still doesn't work

probably it knows its not a controller. Can i ask why you wanting to do this?

Wingsurfer

probably it knows its not a controller. Can i ask why you wanting to do this?

Indeed, exactly what I thought.

I don't want to use the remote for games, I was just wondering it you could use it if you wanted to, so tried

Adcook

Distinguished Member
Indeed, exactly what I thought.

I don't want to use the remote for games, I was just wondering it you could use it if you wanted to, so tried

It does work for some games, Ive used it on motorstorm PR before as a "handicap" against some mates who came round and had never played it

xcross

It does work for some games, Ive used it on motorstorm PR before as a "handicap" against some mates who came round and had never played it

:thumbsup:

Nice idea, although I think you might have been a bit too handicapped!
At least you don't have to aim the remote at the PS3 like for those stupid DVD games.:mad:

phairplay

Distinguished Member
It was to use with sing star games.

cheers

Fulltopuk

ahh i see now yer that would be quite handy, But did you know that you can use voice-activation to work singstar now. It's an available update from the singstar store

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom