Remote control for Yamaha htr 6140

Fidelcastrovich

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Can anyone help me find the right remote for this receiver, online?
The model I have right now (doesn't work) is RAV 282, but I can't find it anywhere. I see some remotes on ebay that look exactly like mine, but they are rav 283, or 281, and
I don't know if it will work with my receiver.

So do i need to buy the rav 282 that I have( if so, where?), or can I get by with another remote?

Thanks alot,
Emil

Yeah you should be able to pickup a cheap universal that will do the trick. I use a Logitech harmony and would recommend that brand. But you can get universals for 20.

I never understood the concept of universal remotes. How do they work? Do they give you full functionality?

What about my original question, though: will another Yamaha remote that looks similar and whose model number is very close to my remote, work with my receiver?

I don't know drop yamaha a line.

The basic concept behind universals is to replicate the original remote. Typically you'll connect the universal to a website, tell it what devices you have and it will download the codes. More advanced remotes will allow you to setup activities whereby all the devices you need for watching TV, a bluray etc... will work simultaneously. There is various other functionality dependent upon the particular remote. For example mine can control my lights as well.

Let's put it this way my coffee table looks a lot less cluttered and I've got one of those large Argos bags full of junk remotes in a drawer somewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom