Question Remote control for PS4 or buy an actual bluray player

Stampax

Hi - Sony have finally released an official remote control for the PS4 - for a whopping 40 quid. So my question is, should I buy this, or would I be better of buying an actual bluray player for slightly more?

Any idea of the quality of these budget players? 40 quid on a remote seems ALOT!

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I've got a cheap Sony4200 somewhere and they now go for about 40 quid. When I used to use it the bluray quality was fine, as should be expected, and matches far pricier players in this respect.

I'd get that rather than waste it on the remote.

SONY BDPS4200Black Smart 3D Blu-ray Player

Smeeble

The playstation is an ok player in the grand scheme of things. The logitech harmony remotes are good, think there's an adaptor you can get that will work it, if you have use for a multi control.
The cheap bluray players will be of similar quality, the Sony and Panasonic are best for the price at the moment.

Stampax

Ay chance of a link of where to buy the adaptor? I've had a look and can;t find - although it could be because my old logitech (525) won't work with it.

Smeeble

Just realised it might have been for the ps3 sorry. They might make one for the ps4, I'd check their website for info.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom