1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control for PJ screen - advice please?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rumnblack, Jan 21, 2003.

1. rumnblack

rumnblack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got hold of an electrically driven screen to replace my manual pull down one and need some advice please!

The screen comes complete with a two way rocker switch that is intended to be mounted on a wall. This is OK but it would be great if this could be adapted so that it can be operated by a remote control. I've looked at X10 stuff but nothing seems to be appropriate.

The screen is made by Projecta and they do a remote kit but it's v expensive so I would like to have some options.

Any help appreciated.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,784
    You can remove the switch and use an IR to X10 device and an X10 relay switcher. Email Phil or Mike at lestautomate and explain what you want to do and I'm sure they'll tell you what you need to buy (then buy it from them!)

Gordon

3. rumnblack

rumnblack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a look at the letsautomate site and found I need a SW10G! This should replace the separate rocker switch just as I wanted.

Cheers