1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control for PC?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Paul O, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Howdee people.

I have thought for a long time (and indeed made a few posts) about creating a standalone home cinema PC, which would do everything which I wanted. I intended to create software to allow me to run a variety of functions, and call other software to capture video, automatically play CDs and the like, but time constraints are making this pretty much a non-starter at present..

So, for the time being, I thought I'd just use my PC as a simple starting point and work from there.

1st stop - A remote control!!! Can someone recomend a good remote control sender/receiver unit that is customisable so that It can be programmed for various functions and the like??
    I indent on purchasing a pronto in the future, so if there are any units which will work with that, that will also be fine...

Cheers guys!

Paul.

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
  3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it will learn commands from any IR remote.

I have a sony LCD remote, and it works fine with that.

It has plug ins for a lot of popular players and stuff and you can use it to perform windows commands too.

Nick