Remote Control For PC

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Can anyone offer advice on a suitable solution for controlling a PC in one room using a remote control in another. I currently have my PC in one room and my home cinema setup in the room adjacent to it. The PC is wired up to the TV via cables run between the rooms so viewing material on the PC is no problem - I just can't control it without getting up and going into the other room.

Ideally I would like to be able to use the remote to control Windows Media Player for playing music, videos etc and Windows Picture Viewer for viewing images - nothing more. Are there any suitable remotes out there (WiFi perhaps?)?

M

midlandswarrior

Originally posted by Rasczak
Can anyone offer advice on a suitable solution for controlling a PC in one room using a remote control in another. I currently have my PC in one room and my home cinema setup in the room adjacent to it. The PC is wired up to the TV via cables run between the rooms so viewing material on the PC is no problem - I just can't control it without getting up and going into the other room.

Ideally I would like to be able to use the remote to control Windows Media Player for playing music, videos etc and Windows Picture Viewer for viewing images - nothing more. Are there any suitable remotes out there (WiFi perhaps?)?

i would say a RF remote such as trhe ATI wonder remote (20 to 25£). it uses RF via a USB dongle so can be used in a different room

Flimber

Distinguished Member
eBuyer do a Sapphire version of the AIW remote for £15, 5-day lead time, OOS currently. Is RF.

Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom