1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Control For PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rasczak, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Can anyone offer advice on a suitable solution for controlling a PC in one room using a remote control in another. I currently have my PC in one room and my home cinema setup in the room adjacent to it. The PC is wired up to the TV via cables run between the rooms so viewing material on the PC is no problem - I just can't control it without getting up and going into the other room.

Ideally I would like to be able to use the remote to control Windows Media Player for playing music, videos etc and Windows Picture Viewer for viewing images - nothing more. Are there any suitable remotes out there (WiFi perhaps?)?

2. midlandswarrior

midlandswarrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would say a RF remote such as trhe ATI wonder remote (20 to 25£). it uses RF via a USB dongle so can be used in a different room

3. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    eBuyer do a Sapphire version of the AIW remote for £15, 5-day lead time, OOS currently. Is RF.

Mike.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Thanks for your help.