1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote control curtain closers???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by grahamricho, Jan 21, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    where can i buy a remote control curtain closers?B and Q dont sell them anymore????????any ideas??did a search and found a company in uk ,but they where £350 for motor and track!does swish the company which B AND Q used to get them off still do them?many thanks gg

2. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi grahamricho.
    This is just a suggestion, but have you heard of X10 Home Automation . You can use remote controls or your computer to operate these devices. X10 sends its information through the mains wiring of your house at high frequencies to devices that can be bought off the shelf. This means that there is no messy wiring required and these systems can be set up in minutes.

You are after 'a remote control curtain closer', so I think this may be your answer. Look at this site and decide.

http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/HomeAutomation/Products/CurtainMotors/CurtainMotors.html
    :D

3. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Check out the www.letsautomate.com site. That's where I got my 'Swish' devices and so far (touch wood) they've worked fine - been going 18 months so far.

4. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    i bought mine form here a couple of month ago ,he has bought up all the motors from bq (country wide )
    swish have been taken over by a new company but i heard they have plans to re-introduce the electric curtains again.
    http://www.ronin100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/my cinema.html

5. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know how much it costs to have this going through the mains?, are we talking about 10p a month?! or more? / less?

Thanks!
    James

6. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If your talking about X10, then virtually nothing, signals are only sent to turn the device on/off, the rest of the time nothing is being sent.