1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control confusion !

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Cyclone, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi all,

I have decided to purchase an ATI theatre 550 Pro TV tuner card. This comes with it's own remote control, but from what I understand it won't work with Windows MCE, anyone know if this is correct ?

So, I will also purchase the Microsoft MCE remote: http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18110

The question is, does this come with the 'IR Blaster'. Thats what it's called ? (the magic eye to control the sky box) ?

If not, which remote does ?

And to round it all off, these 2 remotes I will end up with won't get touched, as I will also be getting an all in one remote (what a waste!) So does anyone know if there is any problems using the Logitech Harmony remotes with MCE ?
    I take it I will need the Microsoft remote for the reciever, as the Harmony would not work with the ATI Theatre reciever (even if I could download the Microsoft codes to the harmony from the Logitech web site database, if it has them... think thats how it works ??)

A lot of trouble just for a remote...... :rolleyes: if anybody could help :lease:

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Microsoft MCE remote should be all you need for Sky box switching etc.

You should be easily able to do everything with Logitech's remote too.

:smoke:

3. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    The Microsoft remote, comes wiht 2 IR blaster cables which can be used to control your set top box's (SKY), the ATI remote does not work with media center, well not that I know of, and the Harmony remoted should be able to work with Media Center when you configure it, but it will use the same receiver as the Microsoft one...

4. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Thanks for the info, most helpfull :thumbsup: