Remote control codes

redlester

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've recently bought the Pioneer VSX-C301 receiver and spent last night setting it up. All going well and am very happy with it.

My problem is that I want to be able to use the Pioneer remote to change channels on my Amstrad Sky STB. There are no codes listed in the Pioneer manual for Amstrad, and I just wondered if this means it's not possible - or does anyone know of a way round this without going through every possible code combination by trial & error!?

At the moment I need two remotes just to channel-hop, because the Pioneer one won't change channels and the Sky one won't control volume on the receiver, and as we all know not all channels are the same volume level...maybe theres a setting on the Pioneer to 'force' all channels to the same apparent level? Haven't yet had time to play with the detailed settings...

Hey there..

I think you may find the following website useful: http://www.remotecentral.com

I think, however, that you may find that you can't use the pioneer remote to 'learn ' the STB codes... I'm not sure about Sky boxes but Telewest won't work. This is due to different types of Infrared signals. Whatever the case, you should find all kinds of info on that website.

Good luck!

Ken

Thanks for that...seems a very comprehensive site, although I assume USA based?

It is very annoying, because I can control everything I need to on my receiver, DVD player, video recorder and TV. The only thing I can't do with the Pioneer remote (apart from a couple of very specific things like selecting the component input on the TV and altering the widescreen zoom etc) is change channels on the Sky box.

Grrr.

:(

Following on from this, can anyone recommend a universal remote, available in the UK, which would control the major functions (i.e. on/off, volume, channel change, play/stop/pause/ff/rw) of the following:

Toshiba TV
Pioneer AV receiver
Amstrad Sky STB
Toshiba DVD player
Hitachi VCR

I see Argos do various universal remotes - do they actually work...?

Couldn't find a code for the Pioneer remote to control Sky+, and Pioneer support basically said that all the codes are in the manual :-( However code 1051 on the Sky remote will control the VSX-C301. Up/Down do volume, Left turns on/off, Right mutes & Stop cycles through the inputs (all when in TV mode). I guess that's all you need once it's set up! To program, press TV then hold Select & 2, enter 1051. It's possible to punch-through to Sky mode (hold select & hold 1), but my remote doesn't support it :-(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom