Remote control and Magic eye problem

Manutd83

Standard Member
I have a Humax freetime box connected to a Triax Tri-link and then a distribution amp and then on to 2 magic eyes, was all working fine until yesterday when the signal to the 2 tvs completely failed, after a lot or messing around I have the picture and sound on the tvs back to normal, the lights are on on the magic eyes but I cant use the remote on either tvs, as far as I can see I have everything exactly the same but I cant use the remotes, im stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated

bspks

Standard Member
Just a thought, whilst you have been trying to sort it out, you haven't perhaps dislodged the plug for the infra red emitters at the receiver end?
If not, try swapping the 2 emitters around to put the other one over the Humax remote window and check to see if that woks.

Manutd83

Standard Member
Sorry for the late reply,i had already tried that bspks, it didn't work, I am using double screened cable, i havn't found a solution, iv tried changing cables, magic eyes, im at a loss

Manutd83

Standard Member
As in changing cables, changing magic eyes and checking f connectors and so forth, I actually got the picture better than before somehow, i have everything exactly the same as before as far as I can see, could the tri-link have partially failed, i only have it a couple of weeks

logiciel

Is it the "Triax Tri-link" that uses f-connectors?

Manutd83

Standard Member
I cant change the channel on the tvs when I point the remote at the magic eyes, nothing actually works from the remote to the humax through the magic eyes,it is the tri lnk that uses f connectors

logiciel

The "magic eyes" have nothing to do with changing the channel on the TVs.
They're for changing the channel on the satellite machine.

Manutd83

Standard Member
I think people have me wrong here, I was trying to change the channel on the humax box through the magic eye, thats all, anyway iv managed to get it working through fiddling about with the connections

MartinPickering

As a qualified engineer, I can't recommend the "fiddling" method. For long-term reliability, fit the connectors properly, using solder where necessary.

logiciel

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
The "magic eyes" have nothing to do with changing the channel on the TVs.
They're for changing the channel on the satellite machine.
Magic Eyes combined with the Triax Tri Link should be able to control anything with IR remote control including the TV if a suitable remote is used. The VHF control signals from the remote remote are re-transmitted as IR in the remote room. That's the whole point of buying one :confused:

A sky box will still respond to the vhf signals on the coax as well if needed.

logiciel

OP's enquiry is about "magic eyes combined with Triax Tri-Link" but my comment was only about them without the combination. ;)
It was a general comment, to clarify the situation for readers new to the subject.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom