1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote codes for Arcam DVD players

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Sparky66, Jul 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Sparky66

Sparky66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Has anyone had luck finding a discrete code or RC5 code for stepping backwards frame by frame whilst playing a DVD movie. I found that I can step frame forward by pausing the movie and then pressing the pause button again to advance forward frame by frame - but not backwards ??

Any help would be appreciated.

Also from a previous post where I could not always get my Arcam DV29 DVD player from finding music CD's when inserted (it always finds DVD's) ,
    I believe my DVD player may have a faulty or out of alignment CD laser pickup.
    Will investigate this further when I return unit to Arcam Dealer !!

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    There is no discrete code for reversing playback on a frame by frame basis. The closest thing to that is thr slow rewind funtion which with one press will reverse playback at a rate of a approx 1 frame/sec. I'm not quite sure why you require this featur as it seems a strange request, why not just watch the film normally like everybody else?

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi Sparky,

As Crusty says, don't think there is a reverse frame-by-frame function. Conincidently, I only found the forward frame-by-frame function with the pause key 2 days ago myself, by mistake :) Damn useful for taking pics of the DV29 on the projector.

Also, I get a similar problem with both DVD's and CD players, with them not being picked up, or starting to play and hanging. It is very intermitent, so I have done nothing about it. To resolve I simply turn the player on and off on the front panel. Not really a hassle for me, but if it gets worse I will be notifying Arcam for assitance.

Cheers

Andy

4. Sparky66

Sparky66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey Crusty,
    Come to think about it, having frame by frame in reverse isn't very necessary.
    Although ,sometimes viewing movie scenes on a frame by frame sequence reveals many details of fast moving effects covered up and simply not picked up by the naked eye. It's good to see how some movies are put together.
    Yeah , I know - I'm crazy ! :suicide:

LFCRules,
    I don't think anyone should have to bare on a part time CD player or a DVD player that occassionally will pickup DVD's (It is a DVD player after all I guess) - especially one as formidable and pricey as a DV29 ($4700 in Australia). :nono:

5. steeled

steeled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi All

I have the DV27A and I have noticed that with some CDs there can be problems with the DVD player saying they are bad discs. The discs that cause the most problems are the "Extended" CDs - that is ones with CD-ROM content. The latest firmware release note says that the handling of these discs is improved. I have not got round to updating the firmware so I can not say.

The first Album by Dido fails all the time on my player and this has CD-ROM content.

I have read in other places that the copy protection schemes used by some record labels can upset DVD players - check if the discs have the "Compact Disc Audio" logo. If they do not then they are likely to be copy protected and do not comply with the original "Red Book" standard.

Hope this helps.

Regards