remote cable shutter for Canon 450d

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I probably want one of these to help achieve the sharpness I'm after along with a tripod. Can anyone recommend a decent one thats not expensive as I know nothing about them (or photography judging by my pics:rotfl:)

Thanks

Thanks Iccz looks good, didnt see that it does a 1000D so maybe watch that yourself just in case.

The 1000D also uses the RS-60E3 type remote socket

The same product is listed on other sites to support the 1000D also, but I'll go ask in Jessops before purchasing anyway :thumbsup:

that is 3 times as much as you need to spend to be honest , plenty of cheap but good enough versions on the internet if you look , i have one , forget the make , it is more than adequate :)

that is 3 times as much as you need to spend to be honest , plenty of cheap but good enough versions on the internet if you look , i have one , forget the make , it is more than adequate :)

I use one I got off a certain well-known online tat-bazarre for about £4. Does the job perfectly.

Have you tried these wireless ones at all, or is it best to stick to a cable one?

I specifically don't use wireless ones as I know I'd just put it down and lose it, as well as doubtless come a cropper with dead batteries sooner or later. Wired at least you know the camera is definitely going to get the signal, and if I'm shooting at night I can just follow the lead to find the remote dangling off the tripod :D

you can get a remote from DX for about £3.50 shipped or about £6 on amazon if you dont want to wait for it to ship from hong kong.

Have you tried these wireless ones at all, or is it best to stick to a cable one?

Thye are slightly different.

I have a Canon wireless remote for my 450D, when you press the button theres a 2 second countdown until it takes the picture so you can pocket the remote and be in the shot. While it's counting down the LED on the front of the camera flashes.

Shutter release cables take the picture when you press the button.

Thye are slightly different.

I have a Canon wireless remote for my 450D, when you press the button theres a 2 second countdown until it takes the picture so you can pocket the remote and be in the shot. While it's counting down the LED on the front of the camera flashes.

Shutter release cables take the picture when you press the button.

Doesn't that depend on whether the camera is set to delayed release or not ?

Jim

I don't think so. The remote only works in remote 2 sec timer mode.

What I meant was that as most SLR's have a delyade/timed shooting mode I'd expect a cable release to activate that (if the camera was set appropriatly) just as if the button was pressde manually/locally....

Jim

What I meant was that as most SLR's have a delyade/timed shooting mode I'd expect a cable release to activate that (if the camera was set appropriatly) just as if the button was pressde manually/locally....

Jim

yes, the cable release does work like that but the remote only works with the 2 second delay.

yes, the cable release does work like that but the remote only works with the 2 second delay.

Sorry, but that is not quite correct.

The RC-5 remote has only a 2 sec delay mode,
But the RC-1 that martin.d referred to has 3 modes
L- mirror lock up
o - takes picture instantly
2 - 2 sec delay​

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom