1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote bullet cams???

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by BoldBunny, Mar 14, 2005.

1. BoldBunny

BoldBunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there such a thing? I have seen bullet cams that connect to the hot shoe via a cable but an acquaintance (who IMHO is prone to hyperbole)suggested it spossible to buy a helmet cam that broadcasts a signal back to your camera. I haven`t found anything like that so far (only checked the web)and I am relatively new to camcordering so can anyone help.
    :rolleyes:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    This site has a few different bullet cam systems that can be connected to some camcorders. Some are connected via wire (like those in the link above), but others have a transmitter in the camera and a separate receiver that connects to the camcorder ie These.
    To connect a bullet cam to a camcorder the camcorder must have AV-in and not just DV-in enabled.

Mark.

3. BoldBunny

BoldBunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :suicide: Thanks for the reply Mark. :hiya:
    Erm I think i need to skin this particular cat another way.
    I have recently bought a Panasonic NV GS 200b. The camera is a better camera than i am a cameraman at the moment. It does plenty for what I need, which is kite buggying and the filming thereof.
    However to get a helmet eye view for my "movie" i dont fancy strapping £800 kit to my helmet. :thumbsdow
    So i can wire up a helmet cam type solution but my camera still needs to be on the person, whom is on a fast moving/jumping buggy all being powered by a large kite and the wind (aint it beautiful?). However I`m scared to put my camera in such a dangerous position SO, is there a product along the same lines as a wired helmet cam, yet transmits the signal (somehow)back to a safely reposed camera?

If I missed the thing from the sites you highlighted, apologies.
    what do you think?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    The second link in my previous post was to a range of wireless cameras, although not actual bullet cams. This camera works on batteries so should be ok, but I'm not sure how far it will transmit to the receiver.
    Do a bit of searching on the internet and I'm sure you will find more sites with the type of cameras you are after. It is the way I found the sites I linked to as this is not something I have done myself.

Mark.

5. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
  6. BoldBunny

BoldBunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: