1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Advice For Novice Please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by wokeye, Aug 8, 2005.

1. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I was looking at a cheap universal control to control 4 - 6 items, ideally everything that I have but really if it just controlled the main things,

Hitachi TV
    Pace digibox
    Arcam amplifier
    Toshiba DVD player

could also add an Akai VCR and Marantz CD player but I am not that bothered about them to tell you the truth as they do not get as much use.

I was thinking of a Kameleon 4-1 or 6-1 my only concern is do these work with remote extenders? As my digibox is sitting behind the TV and I use a one for all remote extender to control it. Stupid question I guess but just want to make sure. Thanks for any help!

2. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I am probably being a bit dumb I guess on here, just did some searches and most people use RF receivers with other universal controllers that send out radio frequencies. As my One for all sender changes the Infra red signal to radio signals then the receiver changes it back to infra red I think that it should be a problem. Sorry but I am a total noob at this type of thing :rolleyes:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sounds an ideal solution, have a look at a harmony H655 paired with an RF transmitter can control all your kit very easily

4. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Thanks for the advice, I was going to get a Kameleon, but after searching on here I believe the Harmony H655 sounds better. It also has solid buttons which I prefer and I have seen it available for £51 including VAT plus delivery. So it seems like a good buy :smashin: