remote access to cctv

don2345

Standard Member
I have had a cctv system installed (Apollo Zeus MK2 4 Channel 500Gb CCTv dvr and 4 qviss cameras) and have configured it up on my LAN (connecting ethernet to router). But i do not have a clue how to access it from outside my LAN eg at the office or abroad??? I am on sky broadband and ideally would like to have access to it outside of home.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

tobinharris

Novice Member
Ok, it's a bit techy this stuff, but broadly speaking...

1. Go to What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address and take note of the top number like 86.26.240.200 or whatever. Make sure you do this from a computer on your LAN.

2. You should be able to access the admin panel of your router from a web browser. Look up how to do that or phone Sky for instructions.

3. Find out what "port number" your Apollo Zeus MK2 listens on. it's probably a "read the manual" job to get that.

4. Find out what IP address your DVR is. It might show you this in its network diagnostics menu or similar.

5. In your Sky routeer, find the "port forwarding" section.

6. Add a new entry that sends all traffic on the "port number" to the "IP address" of your DVR.

Jeesh, that sounds complicated! Hopefully enough to get you started in the right direction....

don2345

Standard Member
Thanks for the feedback people.

I have setup port forward and can access the router page from my mobile internet remotely but how do i access my dvr ip address remotely (what ip number to i put in the browser)

eyepete

Novice Member

I have setup port forward and can access the router page from my mobile internet remotely but how do i access my dvr ip address remotely (what ip number to i put in the browser)
Did you find the port number of the DVR? Did you set the port forwarding in your router to the local ip and port of the DVR?

You may then be able to access the DVR via the url:

http://wanipaddressofrouter:port

But that may not work if your DVR does not respond to http requests as it may only respond to rtsp or have some other specific url format to use...which is something only the maker of the DVR will probably be able to tell you.

NB: your WAN IP address is not the same as the local ip address). What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More will give you your WAN ip - but only when you are on the same network as the DVR....if you do this from another network you will not get the correct WAN ip you need.

Pete

andybluemini

don2345 said:

Not sure if you have sorted this one yet. The Apollo range uses 37777 for the PSS software and iPhone app. If your viewing on IE then use port 80
You need a static external IP address or use a DDNS service for external use.

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom