Remind Me icon on screen all the time.

waveydavey13

Hi all,

Our 2tb box is constantly showing a Remind Me icon top right of screen every time you change to Channel 4HD. Its not just whilst an advert for a show is on but constantly even when a program is showing etc... If you press green it takes you to the screen where it would let you set a reminder or record the programme in question. In thus case though it just says there aren't any programmes to record or set reminder and to press back up. Once you do that it takes you back to 4HD and as soon as the info banner times out the remind me comes back up top right. The icon stays on constantly and doesn't time out after so long like others do. The only way to get rid of it is to press Back up but it's getting a bit annoying having to do that every time you select 4HD or stop fast forwarding whilst watching 4HD in live pause.

At first when you pressed green it gave details for the "what happened to the Hindenburg" programme that was on last night and we had set to record.

I've tried a full off at the mains reset, a planner rebuild and the programme it was oriinally reminding us about has been deleted from the planner and also from the undelete section but its still the same.

Anyone had/have this or having any advice as it driving me nuts now!!!! :(

Cheers

Dave.

Last edited:

logiciel

Yes, it's on my Sky machine. You volunteering to ask C4 the reason?

Same here

waveydavey13

Phew..... Thanks for that guys.... Had visions of having to do a full reset and loose all our recordings or having to have the box replaced etc....

Let's see how it goes over the next few days.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Cheers

Dave.

logiciel

Looks like I'm the one that has to ask, and complain, then.;)

waveydavey13

As the problem only started yesterday?? I think we should allow them a few days to rectify it before complaining.

I'm on nights from last night through to next Wednesday morning but if it's still happening by then i'll also be contacting them about it.

Anyone have the contact details that will be needed for this?

Cheers

Dave.

logiciel

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom