• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Remembering Marc Vivien Foe

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Today (26th June 2010) marks the 7th anniversary of the sad passing of Cameroon International footballer, Marc Vivien Foe.

Still remembered fondly at City as a gentle giant and the scorer of City's last goal at Maine Road before our move across the city to Eastlands.

RIP Marc, still thought of with a special place in the memorial garden at the new stadium and a sad loss ..........

[youtube]lNmTlnm9S8g[/youtube]

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I remember watching the game live on TV when he died, one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen, very sad indeed. :(

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Seven years....blimey. :(

As above, so shocking when it happened. He certainly seemed like one of the good guys and was a fair player on the pitch too.

fatfingers73

RIP Marc, a great talent.

I have the same condition, but is lucky (if that's the right word) that I know about it, and have safety measures in place.

reddevil63

Distinguished Member
That long ago! Time sure does fly.

Remembered when that happened, was a very decent guy and praised by many others in the game.

RIP.

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
I was watching the game when he died it was shocking RIP marc.

dazza74

Distinguished Member
I actually went to Paris that year to watch the confederations cup. Such a shame, couldn't believe it when I got home and heard the news :(

paulk

Sorry - I'm late to the thread but RIP MVF.
Very sad loss of a great player.

Remember him at West Ham more than Man City as United were trying to buy him when he broke his leg with Cameroon at the World Cup and he ended up going to the Hammers when he recovered.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
He came to my restaurant on Christmas Eve the year before he passed away, I was on the other side of the place when I spotted one of my waitresses' turning him away as we were full, I couldnt get across the place in time to stop her so he left.

Such a shame, RIP

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom