Richard5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Relisys RP42AB30 42" Plasma TV With Speakers & Stand for £1099

Specifications as follows

* Number of Pixels: 852 x 480
* Contrast Ratio: 10000:1
* Brightness: 1500cd/m2
* Input Signal: RGB Analogue, DVI, DVD, Component, S-Video, Composite Video, SCART x 2, TV Tuner
* PC Input: RGB Analogue & DVI
* Composite Video: RCA Pin
* S-Video: Mini-Din 4 pin
* DVD Input: (Y,Pb, Pr) RCA 3-pin x 1
* SCART: 21 pin Euro Connector x 2
* Audio Input: (R/L) RCA 2 Pin (R/L) x 2

Or have a look at the website for more specs

Web Site

Worth the money?

Rgrds

None of the experts have an opinion on these? Would be nice to widen the horizons from Pio 'n Panny.

Downloaded the spec sheet and it looks as though it HDCP enabled too...
Anyone got any experience with this plasma? I know releysis have a good reputation

The specifications looks very good and almost identical with LG PX3RV(a) models, but LG has HDMI instead of DVI and I think the video processing on LG is better (the XD II engine).
If you are able to see this screen in a shop it will be probably good buy, or you can get for the same price LG PX3RVA.
http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=9543

ive allways had crt and tft monitors by relisys and have found them very reliable ive been in touch with relisys the 42" plasma does come with 2 year warranty has anyone seen a online review of it yet for an extra £100 noted the tv itself looks more appealing than the hyundai imagequest i was initially going to buy ive reserved a relisys from ebuyer on 6 months bmpl see what happens :eek:

mickymcd said:
ive allways had crt and tft monitors by relisys and have found them very reliable ive been in touch with relisys the 42" plasma does come with 2 year warranty has anyone seen a online review of it yet for an extra £100 noted the tv itself looks more appealing than the hyundai imagequest i was initially going to buy ive reserved a relisys from ebuyer on 6 months bmpl see what happens :eek:

This is somewhat misleading:
main-20050930.jpg

Because it's not HDTV Ready, All it does is downscale higher resolution inputs to 852x480, correct?

And does it really do 10000:1 contrast ratios? I thought Panasonic had some of the best contrast ratios on the market, And they manage about 4000:1 on their screens.

Gary A

Hi Gary the advert is correct the television is hi def compatible but it doesnt come under the standards of the HD ready logo youd be looking at least £1500+ for a hdready plasma i belive were did you get the advert from as the unit displayed is the older relisys model i have had some feedback from relisys they seem very helpfull

The main differences between the RP42AB20 and RP42AB30 are:

RP42AB20 RP42AB30
Contrast Ratio 3000:1 10,000:1
Brightness 1000cd/m2 1500cd/m2
Display Colours 16.7 Million Colours 1 Billion Colours
Input Signal RGB Analogue, DVI, Composite Video x 2 (1 Input/1 Output), S-Video, DVD Component x 2, SCART x 2, TV Tuner RGB Analogue, DVI, DVD Component, S-Video, Composite Video x 2 (1 Input/1 Output), SCART x 2 (1Full/1 Half), TV Tuner
Dimensions (HxWxD) 625x1028x89.9mm 625x1028x107.4mm
Weight 35Kg 29Kg
Additional Information PIP, POP, Motion Adaptive Deinterlace Processor, Advanced Motion Digital Processor, Digital Progressive Line Scaling, HDTV, Freeze, Fastext Teletext PIP, POP, Swap, 3:2 Pull Down, Motion Adaptive Deinterlace Processor, Advanced Motion Digital Processor, Digital Progressive Line Scaling, HDTV, Freeze, Fastext Teletext

I have attached some high resolution images of both models so you can see the differences in design. Both the RP42AB20 and RP42AB30 have the same style of speakers.

You can purchase a Warranty extension to three years when you buy the unit which you can register on our website at www.relisys.com. Unfortunately we have not yet had any reviews done on the RP42AB30 but we have had extremely good sales with the 42" Plasma. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Rebecca

Well I've taken the plunge and got a RP42AB30 on buy now pay in 6 months from e-buyer. When I originally posted the article they had 39 in stock, today (3rd Oct) at 2200 BST they have just 1 left, so somebodys buying them!

It's my first Plasma, anybody any advice, do's and don't for novices ie turning down brightness etc for the first 100 hours, getting it calibrated etc.

Any help greatfully received

Can't wait for it to arrive :)

sent my paperwork off today just a shame they dont reserve the tv`s for finance orders will just have to sit and wait for it to arrive they do seem to be a lot today have sold ive purchased by 6 months buy now option as its a bit of extra cover which i know only too well off with a faulty sony dlp i had to return as if anything goes wrong both ebuyer and the finance company are held responsible :clap: my first plasma too i viewed a relisys in richer other day lmatched the other models well on pq fingers crossed :smashin:

Richard5 said:
Worth the money?

As good as a TINY, there's one born every day!

I can't see why anybody woudln't just go for the PW8 which is also HD compatible and so close in price...for the sake of an extra £100 or so yo have a totally safe bet.

I think if anyone buys this expecting a HD Ready fantastic plasma, they are in for a massive bump. This plasma will in all likelihood be awfull, I pity the people that have bought this. Usually its the case that if something seems like too good a bargain, theres usually a reason for that!

Just spoke to relisys`s technical enginner and states this unit has a samsung vers 7.0 panel fitted ? im none of wiser but some of you plasma gurus might be able to give us some feedback

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom