1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relisys RLT3000 30in LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by cornelis, Dec 28, 2004.

1. cornelis

cornelis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any views, good or bad, about the Relisys RLT3000 LCD TV?

I'm looking for an LCD of around this size for a small living room. Mostly it will be used for watching DVDs, occasionally for broadcast TV. It will also be used, infrequently, as a computer monitor. The Relisys seems to be everything I need, and it's now available at a good price - but I can't find any reviews or opinions anywhere about whether it's any good.

Does anyone have one, or any suggestions for something as good or better for the same kind of money?

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Cornelis,

Had a wee look at its facts and figures and it seems OK (ish). For £1000 it would do OK.

Positives:
    Connectivity is good. DVI, Scarts, Component. Price.

Negatives:
    Poorish response time of 25ms. This'll cause blurring of fast moving objects. Average contrast ratio of 500:1 which may cause a bit of greyness in the blacks 800:1 would be more like it. It says it is a 16:9 screen, but the resolution of 1280 by 768 would imply a 15:9 screen which is not ideal. All this points to an older panel.

Here are a couple of alternatives.

The Tevion 27" TV from Aldi is really stirring things up at the moment. This is a modern !6:9 TV that seems to work fairly well for the amazing price of £599! See the separate thread for this set which is crammed with info.

Another worthwhile set is the Viewsonic N3000W priced at around £1400. This is a thoroughly modern 30" TV which has almost every conceivable connection as standard and it seems to perform very well. There is a review of this set in the AV review section at the top of the main forum pages.

There are more and more of these cheaper panels coming in just now, but just beware that they are not just old panels dressed up to look nice.

Good Luck,

Jimmy

3. cornelis

cornelis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, jimsan!

I've managed to narrow the search a little, based on reviews, comments on these forums and some research on the high street.

The Viewsonic sounds good, but £1400-ish is more than I want to pay. The Tevion looks like superb value, but for me (and She Who Must Be Obeyed) the styling just doesn't cut it. We'll have to look at this thing for a few years, so it needs to be 'acceptable'.

I'm looking for something at £1000 or less, 26-30in, ideally with unobtrusive styling and perhaps detachable speakers (I'll be using hi-fi speakers most of the time anyway). Weeding out all the ones outside that size and price range, and then all the ones that don't fit the looks criteria, we seem to be left with:

Relisys RLT3000, £915
    Hitachi 28LD5200, £990

or maybe:
    LG RZ30LZ13, but it's too expensive at £1300
    Philips 26PF9946, £925
    Toshiba 30WL46B, £945

Of those five the safe bet seems to be the Hitachi, judging by previous comments on this forum. I'd be interested to hear views from anyone who owns or has experience of any of these, on the pros and cons of each.