1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relisys Plasma - Yamaha RXV1400 & PC - Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jumpy, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Jumpy

Jumpy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the process of improving and simplifying my AV installation.

Question.
    I have a Relisys Plasma which has the capability to take progressive scan input via the PC VGA port with a adaptor. (it also has a component input which is standard 480i)

I would like to use the Yamaha RXV1400 to switch all av inputs and use the conversion from Composite / SVHS to component.. and use the progressive scan input on the Plasma.

I would therefore intended to use an adapter on the PC to output in progressive scan mode (supports 480i/ip 720p and 1080i) and plug into the amp.. along with a progresive scan dvd.

I assume that the reciever will switch component this to the plasma without any interference.

My question is that I assume the up conversion from other inputs in the amp .. ie SVHS and Composite will output 480i... will this work as the other component inputs will be 480p or 720 etc ?

The Relisys manual is a bit sketchy.. does the component input with the adapter support 480i as well as the progressive scan modes ?

Hope this makes sense.. many thanks in advance

Craig

2. jonny m

jonny m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Craig
    From the rxv1400 manual I can't find any reference to progressive scan conversion. I would assume its interlaced only.

I take it your using your pc as a scaler for tv and your prog scan player for dvd?

Why don't you try 480i/p on the plasma?

3. Jumpy

Jumpy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply..

Have got it hooked up using the component in at the moment on the Plasma, awaiting new PC, have bought the DVI to HDTV adapter for the Radeon card.. that gives progresisive scan output....so as soon as the new PC arrives will change to the progressive scan inputs and see what happens.. I dont have any other sources that support progressive sacn at the moment.

My worry is that the Yamaha wont like the progressive scan.. but as its only switching component to component on the PC input I am hopeing it will be ok.. also hopeing the Relisys will switch between progressive scan formats without any problems...

The up conversion in the Yamaha is the dogs bolloucks.. saves a lot of grief and cables...

Craig