1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relisys and Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Harlowlad, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Harlowlad

Harlowlad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can anyone offer any advice. I have purchased a Relysis RLT2000 and love the unit. I was just a vit disappointed with the sound. The thing is I cant locate and audio out so I can link it with my surround unit. I have a Subwoofer out option.

Using this only output what could be my options to improve / increase the sound ? Can i use a Active subwoofer or could I use something like this ? or this ? or even this ?

The TV came with [​IMG] but cant figure out how I would use it ?

2. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,483
    Hi,

I am not completely sure what you are trying to achieve but you mention you have a surround unit? Can you tell us what it is?

Also what is your source? Sky, Set top box, DVD etc?

I am only familiar with Relysis' computer monitors so I can't help much. However I would suggest you don't try to use it's own speakers just the video input from your source, which is probably a scart, component or DVI.

If you do have a surround unit then the digital audio output from your source devices should be plugged into it's audio inputs and then connect up your speakers to the audio out of your surround unit.

As I said your post is a little confusing about what you have and don't have... sorry I can't be more helpful.

3. Harlowlad

Harlowlad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry, I will make myself a little clearer....

I have a Relisys RLT2000 TV which has no audio out. I want to purahse a HT-6500and will connect the two unit via a scart. I only will be using a terestrial arieal.

By only using the scart will i be able to play the TV throught the surround speakers without connecting a audio (red/white) cable ?

4. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    The lead you show looks like an audio out lead from the tv to me ,it looks like it will plug into a headphone socket.

5. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,483
    From the spec of the home cinema system it looks like you would plug the arial into the system and then scart from the system to your monitor/tv.

No other connection between the TV and Home Cinema System would be required. Contact the manufacturer for confirmation.

Remember to either mute the TV or have the volume turned down to zero. The TV should not output any of the sound (although it may still receive sound via the scart)..

If the TV supports an RGB Scart input you will get a better picture if you setup the home cinema system to output the video signal as RGB.

Good luck! :)

6. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,719
    The lead he shows is supplied to connect a PC Sound card to the internal speakers of the TV (ie sound into the TV) if using it as a computer monitor. There are plenty of ways of getting sound into these TVs but there is no way to get sound out, other than from the internal speakers except in this case it would appear he could fill out the bass with an active sub, what form does your subwoofer out take?

Dave

7. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,483
    I don't see why he would need to get sound into the TV when he is buying a surround system?

8. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,719
    He doesn't, he wants to get sound out to listen through his surround system.

Dave

9. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,483
    Ok maybe I am being thick but the surround system has an aerial input so as far as I can see there is no reason to have sound go into or come out of the TV.

All he needs is to use the TV for video display and the Surround System for source switching. This is is the simplest and most elegant way of doing it surely?

10. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,719
    The aerial socket on the surround system is for FM radio only, the only TV tuner he has available is the one in his TV.

Dave

11. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,483
    Ah, my mistake :smashin:

best ignore my post then. :(

12. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,719
    There are 3 possible solutions. The 1st two wold be dependent on whether the scart socket on the TV has it's audio out pins wired up.

In solution 1, if and only if, the scart on the surround system has its audio in pins wired up, you might find that by selecting an auxilary input on the remote you can feed the TV signal into it using the scart lead alone. I think this is a long shot. The second solution would be to use a scart to phono lead and plug the audio phonos into aux 1 or 2 of the surround system, connecting up the dvd picture to the video in phono, or use component or s-video. Again this will only work if the audio out pins on the TV scart are wired up.
    The 3rd solution is to connect the subwoofer out to one channel (L orR) of aux1 or aux2 and see what sort of bass comes out, experimenting with a splitter to connect to both L and R may or may not make any difference. Either way some if not all of the bass output should wind up at the surround systems subwoofer, there may or may not be anything coming from the surround systems left and right speakers so the TVs internal speakers will probably still be needed.

Hope this helps,

Dave

13. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,483
    ...or buy a digital set top box and run all the sound through the Surround system and not the TV. Probably means forking out £50 or so though :(