1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relisys 4205 Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ASH1, Oct 13, 2003.

1. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi,
    Can anyone give me any info on the Relisys 4205 Plasma?. I see Richer sounds are selling them for 2K. It comes with a TV card, stand & speakers. Anyone seen what the TV picture is like? Hope someone out there can help.

ASH1 :)

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at the display in RS in Leeds, it looks like the worst of the worst. Fuzzy, out of focus looking, with dot-crawl effect around edges.

But then again, it's probably being fed a composite signle and definately not set up correctly IMO

regards
    Gary

3. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi nealgs, Thanks for your input. Your probably right about the way they have it set up. I would really like to see one setup using a component input and a TV picture using a quality scart lead.
    ASH1 :confused:

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    ASH1 - you know that your DVD-3800 would want a much better plasma partner than this - you dont want to hurt its feelings now do you? :D :D :smashin:

Looking at getting a 434HDE for mine - hopefully after crimbo :)

JJ

5. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Jasonjo, I agree but I've been waiting so long to get one. I've also got my eye on a Hitachi 42PD3000. Someone has also PM me offering a Pioneer 433MXE with PDA5002 Video Board for £2175.00. But am I right in saying that it will only play N.T.S.C prog and not Pal prog. I don't really want to wait much longer, and have to stop myself buying in haste.
    ASH1 :suicide:

6. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ASH1,

Just been back into RS and had a look round the feeds for all the plasmas - they are all using composite so they can split the signal over the 6 units on show.

Hitachi 400E has best picture, im my eyes. Panny flickers too much as does the LG. Sammy and Tosh seem close match.

This is just my view, so no 'wat ya on about' type replies :) from anyone:nono:

cheers
    Gary

P.S.

Ooh, that MXE sounds nice (silver??)

7. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi nealgs, I called into my local RS today and there running the Relisys with a RGB lead. I'm taking my Denon 3800 down on Thursday evening to run it through in prog scan. Can't really tell what the picture is like at the moment as the display is in the window, (to many reflections). The Hitachi 400E was running a screen saver, but it does look nice. Thanks for your help.
    ASH1 :smashin:

8. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem m8e:smashin:

Seems weird that all of RS plasma screens all face soddin great big windows, so have huge amounts of glare and reflections on em:nono: .

Asked them about setting up a demo using the component input with a DVD etc rather than the composite feed - no problems in doing one, let them know when coming and which/what wanted to view on, and they set it up for me:smashin:

But would be better to come at night when dark due to the above window problem - Thursday is late nite (7pm closing) so would have to do it then.

Let us know how it went - am interested in your opinion on this one

cheers
    Gary

9. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112