Religulous

Dancook

Distinguished Member
I watch Religulous last night and thought it was a blast :)

Bill Maher interviewed an American senate, Mark Pryor, it was pretty funny.

Bill- "See, this is my problem, is, I'm trying - I mean, you're - you're a Senator. You are one of the very few people who are really running this country. It worries me that people are running my country who think - who believe in a talking snake. Um... "

Mark - "You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the Senate, though. "

He also asked

Bill - "If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?"

Mark - :facepalm:

There's a host of quotes to ponder on the IMDB
Religulous (2008) - Memorable quotes

The basic message of the films was that religions were detrimental to the progression of mankind.

The irony of religion is that because of its power to divert man to destructive courses, the world could actually come to an end. The plain fact is, religion must die for mankind to live

It also annoyed me, the amount of people who take financial advantage of religions, especially Christianity in America.

I really wonder what the world would be like without religion..

Last edited:

NewMan

I too, love the "documentary". It is quite clearly very well edited in parts, though. I especially enjoyed the interview with the guy who believes he is Jesus' descendant (with the quick cuts to excerpts from Scarface at appropriate moments!), and the interview with the evangelical preacher who insisted he be called "Doctor". I've linked to it (not the Scarface one!) - I didn't notice any bad language....

YouTube - RELIGULOUS : Bill Maher Exposes Jeremiah Cummings

D

Deleted member 30535

I felt the film fell between a serious attempt to expose the hypocrisy/foolishness of religion and a satirical look at religion. As a result for me the documentary did neither and was a disappointment. I find Hitchens' arguments and sarcasm/satire more attractive.

Dancook

Distinguished Member
I felt the film fell between a serious attempt to expose the hypocrisy/foolishness of religion and a satirical look at religion. As a result for me the documentary did neither and was a disappointment. I find Hitchens' arguments and sarcasm/satire more attractive.

In what form of media does Hitchen's appear?

D

Deleted member 30535

All sorts. Videod debates, TV, (he appeared on Maher show once or twice), books. There is now a Hitchens channel on Youtube.

krish

Distinguished Member

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
10607146596_417f4a6599.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom