Reliant Direct , anyone heard / used this company

tonnytech

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking to purchase a LG 55 e6 of reliant direct these guys are the some of the only people i can find still selling them , has anyone used them or heard of them trusted pilot looks ok ?

Appreciated feedback thanks :)

Depending on where you live, Richer Sounds appear to have a few left, in store only though.

Reliant Direct
Never will I ever use them again.
I had ordered a 65C8 from Richer Sounds fo £2299 on black Friday. Reliant Direct contacted me an offered me the E8 for £2500 which I thought was good but even so the only difference is the sound bar and I was told it had dual tuners for recording and watching at the same time. The salesman said he was surprised that such an expensive TV that C8 was and did not have dual tuners. But he assured me that the E8 does. We had a conversation about me knowing the C* only had single tuners (Sat and Freeview), and I said it would be useful to have dual tuners so I could record to a USB drive whilst watching something else as I do not have Sky. He assured me that with the E8 being a higher spec it would be able to do that. So I canceled the Richer Sounds order. The TV arrived last Wednesday and I found it did not have dual tuners. It has a single Freeview and signal Freesat tuner, same as the C8. I contacted Reliant and said it did not have dual tuners and they after numerous calls (they never responded to any emails) said it is as advertised because the say dual tuners means a single Freeview and single Freesat. They totally deny ever saying it could record and watch another channel, even though my wife was sat next to me and heard what the salesman said. Also the terminology is if it has a single Freeview tuner then it is called single tuner, if Freeview and Freesat then twin tuners, if 2 freeview then that is dual tuners, but because it can be confusing that is why I asked if it could watch and record a different program at the same time and was told it could. He also pointed out the sound bar on the E8 but I said I had a denon Atmos surround system so the sound bar was not an issue but the recording was, and for that convenience I was willing to pay the extra £200.
So I got a TV that cost £200 more that the C8 without any differences. They did agree to a £100 refund or send the TV back, again I am still £100 out of pocket. It also means if I sent back all the hassle of packing up, and waiting for pickup, then waiting for a new tv and all the hassle with that as we are both retired. I reluctantly accepted the £100 refund but that has not happened.
I remember asking if there customer support was as good as Richer Sounds and I would not regret buying from them and was assured the customer satisfaction was their number one priority.
Wish I had never heard of them.

What is really upsetting is you denying what you said to me when I bought the E* from you. I remember us talking about how odd it was that the high end TV C8 did not have dual tuners for watching and recording a different program at the same time. I knew it had twin tuners, i.e. a Freeview and a Freesat. I asked if the E8 had dual tuners and I made it clear why I wanted dual tuners as I stated I did not have sky so the ability to watch and record a different program would be very useful. I even went on to explain I had had a Samsung that did do dual recording, but stopped recording so I sent it back for a full refund. So I was absolutely clear to you what a wanted and you said it could, and my wife was sat next to me and heard everything.
So what makes this so pooris the miss selling and then to deny you said it is the kind of practise I would expect from a poor trader. I even asked could i trust you unlike the bad experience I have had from Curry's, and you assured me I would not be disappointed, and yet I am!
I have just seen your reply on Trustpilot and again you are twisting what I asked for. You are saying I asked if it had twin tuners which I did not. I told you the C8 had twin tuners, sat and freeview, but not dual tuners to record 2 things at once. I asked if the E8 had dual tuners so I could record 2 things at once, which you said it could after saying you were surprised the C* did not have dual tuners, but assured me the E8 does as it was a higher spec model.
If I had gone with richer sounds I would be sat here with a TV that does no more that the E8, £200 better off, 6 year warranty and not have to worry about re boxing and being without a TV for a week.
When you said customer satisfaction is your priority then sorry can not agree.

Reliant Direct We sincerely apologise for any misunderstanding and inconvenience caused.
When you asked if the television had a twin tuner, we confirmed the TV has a Freeview HD & FreeSat HD tuner.
We have offered to collect the television at your convenience and issue a complete full refund.
We also offered to exchange the model for the C8 version at a discounted price that you had seen advertised with another retailer.
Although a discounted price was provided on the E8 model, we also offered a further discount, should you wish to keep the TV, to which you accepted.
You have now sent an email stating that you now wish to replace the E8 model with the C8 model, which we are more than willing to provide, sending our own driver to speed up the process.
Reliant Direct
Manage

· Reply · 43m

Paul Lowe
What is really upsetting is you denying what you said to me when I bought the E* from you. I remember us talking about how odd it was that the high end TV C8 did not have dual tuners for watching and recording a different program at the same time. I knew it had twin tuners, i.e. a Freeview and a Freesat. I asked if the E8 had dual tuners and I made it clear why I wanted dual tuners as I stated I did not have sky so the ability to watch and record a different program would be very useful. I even went on to explain I had had a Samsung that did do dual recording, but stopped recording so I sent it back for a full refund. So I was absolutely clear to you what a wanted and you said it could, and my wife was sat next to me and heard everything.
So what makes this so pooris the miss selling and then to deny you said it is the kind of practise I would expect from a poor trader. I even asked could i trust you unlike the bad experience I have had from Curry's, and you assured me I would not be disappointed, and yet I am!
I have just seen your reply on Trustpilot and again you are twisting what I asked for. You are saying I asked if it had twin tuners which I did not. I told you the C8 had twin tuners, sat and freeview, but not dual tuners to record 2 things at once. I asked if the E8 had dual tuners so I could record 2 things at once, which you said it could after saying you were surprised the C* did not have dual tuners, but assured me the E8 does as it was a higher spec model.
If I had gone with richer sounds I would be sat here with a TV that does no more that the E8, £200 better off, 6 year warranty and not have to worry about re boxing and being without a TV for a week.
When you said customer satisfaction is your priority then sorry can not agree.
Manage

· Reply · 31m

Paul Lowe
But if you had not miss sold this tv and I asked if it had a dual tuner to record 2 things at once, not twin tuners which I knew it had. Please stop twisting my words. If you had not miss lead me then I would be say here quite happy with a C8 from Richer Sounds, with a 6 year guarantee without all this hassle, so no not happy. Again it is not a misunderstanding, it misrepresentation and as I have said my wife heard everything and she clearly remembers me asking you to confirm it could record and watch a different program. If this is the way you do business then !!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom