1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliable UK based online store for Camcorders?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by loofer, Aug 30, 2002.

1. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi i was looking at Canons MV 550i camera, (£850) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good online source to save a few pounds? i'd prefer it to be UK based. Thanks:)

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can recommend www.letsgodigital.co.uk - £549!
    I bought my own cam from them & was very impressed with their service. It's had to go back to Panasonic for a software update recently, again LGD were very helpful. Even offering to exchange for a new model, as Panasonic weren't (originally) acknowledging the problem.

3. compadre

compadre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you let us know what was the model of Panasonic that had a problem ?And what was the problem ?

I am looking to buy one in a very near future so your comments would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The model of my cam is MX300B. The problem was a 'glitch' in the video/sound when capturing to my computer. The fix is a simple update of the camera software. Lets Go Digital were brilliant throughout. Which is why I recommend them!

5. thfccambs

thfccambs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,013
  6. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks guys, that's a hell of a saving Arthur were there any corners cut? did you get all the accessories normally included?

7. Budgie

Budgie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased the Canon 550i from Lets GO Digital, and as mentioned previously by Arthur in this thread, their service is excellent... they even offer a 30 day money back guarentee... if you are not happy with the Cam, send it back and get a refund!

I know some high street companies will offer a price match, but I would prefer to give my business to the guys that offer the low prices UP FRONT, rather than accepting a reduced margin begrudgingly!

The cam arrived on the day they said, its a UK model (not a grey import) and it had everything in the box that should be there... it even comes with some DV editing software, and a Firewire card!

Can recommend LGD enough! (and NO I have no links to 'em whatsoever... I just buy kit from 'em)

Hope this helps:)

8. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    This is the price for the Canon 500i.
    The 550i is £695

9. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OOOOOPS! Sorry 'bout that. :eek: Still a very nice saving though. And as Budgie sez, it's the full retail package & their service is top 'ole.

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    another vote for Letsgodigital :)

11. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I bought the new Canon MV5iMC from Pixmania.co.uk. Although I think the parent company is French - and I was billed in Euros - I ordered Monday at 11 am and recieved the camcorder on Tuesday at 11.34 am. Cost £720. Inc postage - Currently in Dixons for £1050.0 RIP OFF