Reliable DVD-R blanks?

B

broadhurst

It seems reading these forums that nobody has any total success with blank DVD-R media apart from Verbatim and TDK, does anybody know where to get these at the best price and can they be purchased in bulk. I'm using a Panny E-30 and would like to know if there is reliable blank media for it other than the two I've mentioned?
Thanks

snyphr

Standard Member
Pioneer discs are fine too.

In general Jewel Case branded i.e £4+ DVD-R is gr8. Whereas "bulk" spindles of DVD-Rs are touch and go. Best prices can be found at computer fairs around the UK. At leasty there's no hidden delivery charge that bumps up the price by £££ on the net!

I personally use Whitelabel 1x & ICE Whitetop DVD-R all the time and its fine on my E-20. But on my m8s E-20 & E-30 he has trouble....

As they say each to his own. I thinks there's always going to be some teething problems with media and recorders, but also suspect that each recorder is slightly different when it comes to handling discs....

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
After playing with most of the DVD-R available (on my PC based Pioneer A04), I have to say that 'Traxdata' offers the best value/reliability.

Whilst Apple, Pioneer, Panasonic etc are the best, they are also VERY expensive.

Going for sub £1 disk is risky, as their reliability has proven to be poor.. But Traxdata have proved to be VERY good.

You can get them for about £1.10 on-line.

Good luck

holtehero

Distinguished Member
I will second Traxdata, they are an excellent disk for the money

windfall

I have been utilising Ritec and DataView disks for a couple of years now.

Good prices available from the supplier I use;

www.svp.co.uk

AKA http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/

They do Cakes of 25 disks from £4+VAT (4x) I have a Old pioneer 105 (4x DVD-R) and have nt had a single failure with Ritec and dataview. One other great thing is that SVP test compatibility with disks and drives, so check it out,

Hope this helps you,

Tone

technovorgin

Standard Member
for quality you need a ritek go4 dye disc or at very least ritek g03 dye make sure they are A grade i use sumvision gold top which are rated A grade at around £35 per 100 or if you want to print on them (useing epson r200 or r 300 or epson 950 etc) i use the piodata super grade A at around the same price i get them from the computer fairs heres a link to their web site for next shows in all areas
http://www.computermarkets.co.uk/
hope this helps

w3dal

Distinguished Member
I have been using the datasafe Ritek discs for a while now and have been brilliant. get them from www.svp.co.uk

there about £9.00 for 25 which come on a spindal so i get 25 dvd cases at the same time i think with delivery you get change from £15.00 which i dont think is bad.

Also used TDK but they where expensive

Dal

windfall

WhiteTop

You can get packs of 25 Ritek from SVP for that much (4x Printable)!

I have burned a few of these and not a single failure!

www.svp.co.uk - akak blankdiscshop.co.uk/

They are selling the Pioneer DVR108 for £69.95 (16x DVD-R with Dual Layer support)!

criggy

broadhusrt

i use samsung 4x dvd-r seem fine to me (never had a bad one)
they are 9.90 for 10 from richer sounds

H

hollie.weimeran

I've also got an e-30 and have been fortunate never to have had a problem with any DVD-R's that I've bought. I've used Mirror single speed, datarite yellows and more recently a spindle of Riteks with the g03 dye at 32pence each.

www.blankdiscshop.co.uk are competitive, but I managed to source mine locally & saved on the postage. :)

One manufacturer to steer clear of is Bulpaq. Loads of bad press especially with the Panny machines.

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Anyone had issues with DVD-Rs a while after they've been burnt? Or if they're stable to begin with, do they stay that way?

Whitetop

Standard Member
tonetrainer said:
WhiteTop

You can get packs of 25 Ritek from SVP for that much (4x Printable)!

I have burned a few of these and not a single failure!

www.svp.co.uk - akak blankdiscshop.co.uk/

They are selling the Pioneer DVR108 for £69.95 (16x DVD-R with Dual Layer support)!

yes mate i know, you can get ritek 4x printable for crazy prices but these were a silver printable Ritek G04 first class grade A disc with no problems whatsoever. I think they have gone even cheaper now at www.disccity.co.uk and when the postage is added it still aint bad for decent no hassle discs. I have used SVP before but my goods took 3 days to get to me. With disccity i ordered at around 3:15pm on the Monday and they turned up at 10:30am the next day :thumbsup:

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Smurfin said:
Anyone had issues with DVD-Rs a while after they've been burnt? Or if they're stable to begin with, do they stay that way?

Not had a problem with them after they have been burnt. Play just aswell now as they did when i burnt them months ago.

Never had a problem with CDR's the CDR media i have been using for the past 3 years has never let me down.

Once you find a brand that works best for you. Stick with it
:thumbsup:

Dal

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Warner Bros Discovery set to combine Discovery+ and HBO Max
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Sky, NOW and Paramount+ UK for September 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Pro-Ject Audio launches X2 B turntable
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Clearaudio launches Reference Jubilee turntable