Reliable 4K Sat box with twin DVB-S2 + CI

meansizzler

Ex Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a reliable 4K DVB-S2 Receiver, 2 x DVB-S2 + CI Slot, 2.5" HD Bay

No Freezing
Sat-IP Support
Network Streaming, so can access PAY TV Channel (CI Module/Subscription Card) from Laptop or Tablet in Native Quality (No Transcoding) over LAN.

Plan is to connect sat box up to network and dish and insert CI Module/Card, I have Windows Laptop and 4K TV, and want to access the sat channels (Decoded with Ci Module/Card) over the network on them devices, the TV and laptop can decode HEVC@4K, so want to watch channels without transcoding.

Such a device exists and reliable?, I know of the Humax UHD 4tune+ but it is reported to have issues.

Panasonic have Sat-IP TV's that will do above but they don't sell them in UK. Anyone know of a company that sell Imported TV's from EU eg. Germany with Warranty?

Something like below

Panasonic 4K PRO UHD TV TX-58EXW784

TX-58EXW784 4K PRO Ultra HD TV - Panasonic

Is there such a thing as a reliable 4K DVB-S2 Receiver, 2 x DVB-S2 + CI Slot, 2.5" HD Bay

No Freezing
Sat-IP Support
Network Streaming, so can access PAY TV Channel (CI Module/Subscription Card) from Laptop or Tablet in Native Quality (No Transcoding) over LAN.

Plan is to connect sat box up to network and dish and insert CI Module/Card, I have Windows Laptop and 4K TV, and want to access the sat channels (Decoded with Ci Module/Card) over the network on them devices, the TV and laptop can decode HEVC@4K, so want to watch channels without transcoding.

Such a device exists and reliable?, I know of the Humax UHD 4tune+ but it is reported to have issues.

Panasonic have Sat-IP TV's that will do above but they don't sell them in UK. Anyone know of a company that sell Imported TV's from EU eg. Germany with Warranty?

Something like below

Panasonic 4K PRO UHD TV TX-58EXW784

TX-58EXW784 4K PRO Ultra HD TV - Panasonic

An E2 receiver should do all the above mate. One example of the top of my head would be the mut@nt HD51. That can be configured to do everything on your list, There are probably other models by Vu+ etc aswell. With regards to reliability and freezing, as long as you don't go chasing the bleeding edge images and stay on an older but stable image then I find them very reliable.

cheers

I prefer something from a reputable manufacturer with os loaded and working out of box. Just want to scan sat and be done.

ok mate, I would argue that VU+ are reputable. I have no problems doing all the above. Best of luck with your search

cheers

Vu+ ultimo 4k can do what you want just load openvix (UK based image Inc support forum) if you buy it from world of satellite they will even load the image for you.

It can be a learning curve.

Thanks

vu recievers, you might come unstuck with ci+ paired cam/cards though as the transport stream remains encrypted

vu recievers, you might come unstuck with ci+ paired cam/cards though as the transport stream remains encrypted

Yep, exactly right. Viasat for example wont work. A couple of the Mutant models do. I havent got round to picking one up yet to test 100%.

If you want to use a CI, I'd stick to the module on a compatable TV or you may provide yourself with an expensive headache. (thats assuming we are talking about official paired cam and card).

my paired nc+ card cam work fine but the ts recordings remain encrypted. with no way to decode these externally.

Sorry, I meant hardware paired ie boxkey ect. With my 0940 Via card the official CAM is a no go in a VU+, it wont even clear a channel.

Sorry, I meant hardware paired ie boxkey ect. With my 0940 Via card the official CAM is a no go in a VU+, it wont even clear a channel.
what image are you using the viasat ci+ should work depending on image.
My NC+ ci+ cam and cayman card are hardware paired, it was the only way to get 4k footy on the polish package :(

Ive tried open/blackhole, openatv and vix. It does appear to work on a few Mutant version boxes though.

Ive tried open/blackhole, openatv and vix. It does appear to work on a few Mutant version boxes though.

I had to use VTI, was hoping atv would work with the ci+ helper addon but gave in to vti in the end. If there was an image that allowed unencrypted recording id give it another go as current recording expire after about 30 days. Been spoilt with softcams :(

IMG_20180202_234400.jpg

I have the Mutant HD51 and no where on the box or user manual does it say a thing about Ci+ support, was looking at buying C+ Subscription as well until I found out it wasn't just plain old SECA now.

View attachment 978953

I have the Mutant HD51 and no where on the box or user manual does it say a thing about Ci+ support, was looking at buying C+ Subscription as well until I found out it wasn't just plain old SECA now.
don't think the c+ france cards are readable in softcams anymore or if ci's are available? Polish c+ softcam able cards are available though as long as your not wanting the 4k footy channel.

Mutant HD2400 and HD51 are confirmed working with Viasat with OpenATV, thats all I know. I read somewhere a guy got it working with a Dream elite image and CI+ helper, but I dont know what receiver.

Mutant HD2400 and HD51 are confirmed working with Viasat with OpenATV, thats all I know. I read somewhere a guy got it working with a Dream elite image and CI+ helper, but I dont know what receiver.
are the recordings decrypted or is the cam/card still required to watch them?

Unknown at the moment, After the 1st of march, all SD channels will close so im sure there will be some definitive info after that.

VU+ ZERO 4k .. anyone had experience of it yet?
it's not the same as the other VU+ 4K boxes as they didn't go down the wideband FBC x amount of tuners route, but instead have added MULTISTREAM & DVB-S2X

If it had a few other bits .. blind scan etc. (Well I could lIst a few things) ..

& I'm not convinced at wideband fbc as the only way foreword.

sux vu don't do an addon tuner with s2x and multistream compatability. Can get around multistream by using a usb tuner though.

sux vu don't do an addon tuner with s2x and multistream compatability. Can get around multistream by using a usb tuner though.

I think there's a good chance they will

Read this last year

"Vu + features new plug-and-play DVB-S2X FBC tuners at the show in addition to the boxes. You will be able to insert them not only in the newcomers but also in the currently sold Vu + ULTIMO 4K and Vu + UNO 4K boxes. Another new feature from Vu + is the USB dongle Bluetooth to ensure collaboration with the new remote control for Bluetooth-free receivers."

My vu+ ultimo 4k has pluggable turners at moment have fbc tuners.

Thanks

Last edited:
does the new vu tuner allow 16apsk tuning?

I was going to buy the VU+ Uno 4K SE, but they are not shipping with DVB-S2X cards yet.

Depends if there are drivers for E2,
Funny enough a TBS5520SE just turned up here this morning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom