1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliability

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nicke20, Nov 6, 2004.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Trying to decide how long an extended cover to purchase with a plasma got me thinking. The old wisdom of if its going to break it will do it very soon sounds plausible but is it ?

So here is the idea

how about all you plasma owners telling us model and age, and if you had a problem that required fixing at what age it occured ?

2. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hitachi 32PD3000. ive had it for a year and had no faults at all TOUCH WOOD! :laugh:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    #if i were buying a plasma today i would want a 3 year warranty as after that any thing but minor faults ie cheap to fix are going to warrant a new screen and it will be soooooooooooo much better..... also plasma repair will be open to more companies so you can shop around for the repair like CRT TV but not the same extent i imagine generally if they are going to go its within 3 months... only thing is if you dont notice issue until 13 months old.......ie never used that feature until you bought XYZ..