Reliability worse recently??

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by sizedoesmatter, Apr 21, 2007.

1. sizedoesmatter

sizedoesmatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    In the last 8 days, I have had 7 "failed" recordings due to a ficticious powercut, 2 recordings that won't play back at all, the box freeze completely requiring a reboot.

Is it just me :suicide: or

Are these boxes maybe not built to last, 9 months old & getting cranky :( or

has anytime made things worse :(

I can't decide?

Sky customer services? Is there actually a point to them on this, they have their script, check the connections, reboot etc, has anyone been asked to do the healthcheck option yet or is that a red herring as well?

2. magoo1

magoo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'm sure it's Anytime thats doing it.... turn it off and see if things improve - i had a major crash and loads of failed recordings after anytime was foisted on us but the box has been ok since i turned it off

3. dlaf42

dlaf42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yep same here,my sky hd was fine before anytime update then i would loose my sky movies 9 hd channel everyday after anytime had downloaded any stuff...then it got worse and had failed recordings and the box was never right. turned off anytime and it is now like i have a new box no problems at all....

4. simon194

simon194

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I was getting the ficticious power cut problem prior to the Anytime update. Not sure whether this is really a software problem or not, I think its more a problem with the power supply with the HD boxes when the hard drive spins up.

Mind you, since the minor update the other day, it's nice to have audio back on manually recorded radio stations without having to go through the play, stop, play business.