1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliability problems with AE300?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rob@rar.org.uk, Mar 17, 2003.

1. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone aware of any reliability problems with the AE300? Although the reviews for this unit seem good, I'm a little nervous about buying one after all the AE100's that seem to have died. I know that there will not be much experience of the AE300 in this country, but I was wondering if any reports where coming from overseas. I've been following the US-based AVS site, and there doesn't seem to be any reports of problems so far. Anyone come across anything?

Regards

Rob

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I haven't come across any reported problems either which I think is a good sign because the AE300 has been out in Japan for a few months and in the US for a little less. When I was following all the threads about the AE100 this time last year when I was waiting for mine, the red led of death problem presented itself almost as soon as people started posting about the PJ. Still didn't put me off though!:D

3. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've done over 200hrs now without any problems and have not heard of a single person with problems yet. There was one or two that had a problem initially (faulty units to start with), but once they are going, they seem to be fine. I always predicted that Panasonic would have sorted out the problems after the AE100.

4. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't make predictions like that!

Now we're all doomed!

:rotfl: :D

-- Jon