1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliability of multiregion conversions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mal, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Mal

Mal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the best thing is to look through magazines like HCC and see who advertises, then research the companies who advertise by checking out the forums and see if anyone has any comments, good or bad.
    Make sure they do what you want before getting the MOD done, they are not all the same.
    Good luck

2. bawheid

bawheid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Can anyone advise on multiregion conversion.
    I'm region 2 only on a Toshiba SD100E.
    I'm interested in multiregion playback but I would like to some feedback concerning companies who carry out the conversion.
    Thanks

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    www.techtronics.com

Never used them (don't live in the UK), but they seem to have a good reputation ...

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.

4. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Pioneer 626 ready-modified from linkonline (www.linkonline.co.uk). Excellent service, had absolutely no problems with it, plays anything I throw at it.

5. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ba'heid,

The Tosh Multiregion coversions CAN'T play RCE protected DVDs.
    On websites they have some solutions on how to still by pass this protection.
    BUT you're only able to see the Film and not see the special features.
    I tried this on a multiregion Tosh Sd100e with the Reg1 Hollowman DVD.

Techtronic told me that they were working on a Modification for the Sd 100e that's RCE capable and that's it coming soon.

6. bawheid

bawheid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks Tan

I'll hang on to see how the RCE thing turns out, how long before hollywood gives up on this regional coding mullarky?

TTFN

7. wilpa01

wilpa01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any body please tell me what RCE protected DVD's are. I am wondering whether this is the problem i am having.

I have just recently bought a Grundig gdv220, and have entered the Multi Region Hack of 0 1 2 3 Play. I have 4 region 1 disks and only 1 plays.
    That one is Dantes Peak (1999)
    The others are Twister, Jurassic Park and The Haunting all year 2000.

Is it something i have done wrong, or is it normal for some not to work.

Any help please !!!

8. wilpa01

wilpa01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any body please tell me what RCE protected DVD's are. I am wondering whether this is the problem i am having.

I have just recently bought a Grundig gdv220, and have entered the Multi Region Hack of 0 1 2 3 Play. I have 4 region 1 disks and only 1 plays.
    That one is Dantes Peak (1999)
    The others are Twister, Jurassic Park and The Haunting all year 2000.

Is it something i have done wrong, or is it normal for some not to work.

Any help please !!!

9. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 4 discs you mention should all play on your player.
    RCE is a coding put on discs to stop them playing in multiregion players.It has failed with most players except Toshiba which won't play them(though there are ways to get the film to play by jumping to a certain scene).There are currently only 4 RCE films all of them R1 (hollow man,patriot,thomas and the magic railroad and another which i can't recall)

10. wilpa01

wilpa01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, Have you got any ideas what i can do to make these work.

I am under the impression that the hack i mentioned earlier is the same for all grundig machines. Is this correct ?

My brother mentioned something about Disc manufacturers or whatever they are, are adding extra security to stop people like myself using these hacks, or is the RCE thing you mentioned earlier ??

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The RCE (reginal code enhancement) affects the Toshibas because the regional modification only allows for automatic region detection. If you have a Pioneer/Sony etc, the modification allows both automatic detection and manual setting of the region code on the player. RCE only affects auto only detect players. Techtronics have already sucessfully moded the Toshiba 100e and the 200e will be ready in mid March according to their website.