1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relacement sky+ box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by SteveRSF, Sep 26, 2005.

1. SteveRSF

SteveRSF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Had been having a few probs with the sky+ box so after a few weeks of sky telling me to turn off and on.....etc.

got peed off with that and said i want a replacement!

so after all that they said the warranty with them had run out......BUT!!!!!
    i did take out cover with a local place that did the extended warranty through sky

so they arrived and had a quick look and said "OH yes the hard drive is funked" so went to his van got a refurbed box.....wasn't happy with that but thats another story!
    so when he plugged it all in! with my amp turned on...he switched on and the BL00DY thing blew up...... big blue flash!

he said "OH something wrong with that then"......NO *****!

said i wasn't happy with the fact that i have a few grand worth of kit and he's fitting faulty goods.....anyway he said "i haven't another refurbed box on the van" and after speeking with his boss said he wasn't aloud to fit a brand new one

i have since had another now working refurbed box again... but do you think this is good service??