Rel t5x, B&W asw610 or used pv1

zerg888

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking for a bit of advice.
Im changing up my system to use 5 B&W M1 satellite speakers and a subwoofer but not sure what I need in terms of subwoofer. My brother in law has M1’s with a pvd1 and it sounds awesome but is it necessary?

Hi, looking for a bit of advice.
Im changing up my system to use 5 B&W M1 satellite speakers and a subwoofer but not sure what I need in terms of subwoofer. My brother in law has M1’s with a pvd1 and it sounds awesome but is it necessary?

No it´s not necessary and most people here would advice you steering away from any B&W subs (ASW serie or the PV1D bowling ball which is highly overpriced). REL T5x is small and good looking, but we think there is better products movies in mind cause tiny 8" driver with 100w amp can only do so much.

Looking the ones you listed assuming you looking compact sized sealed woofer then have a look example SVS SB1000 Pro. You might get little discount from forum advertisers if you ask. SVS is probably one of the most known and largest company specialized in subwoofers. SB1000 Pro is smallest sealed sub in market with 12" driver, phone app control and very good performance. Long 5year amp warranty and great support/service is something that gives extra peace of mind. There is 3 finishes available for this model and naturally there is larger models if your budget goes higher close to 1k£.

If you want something cheaper then BK Electronics builds their units in UK and offers more finishes also plus FF/DF driver orientation options. Naturally they lag little bit behind the big companies with older technology, but they sell direct to customer so the price is lower. Warranty is 2years for amps.

Of course there is lot more options depending how thick wallet you have and what you really looking.

ah I wish I’d seen your reply earlier. Just bought a used pv1D didn’t realise they had problems😕
Will have to get on here regularly to get to know my stuff. Looking to replace my amp at the mo too so I’ll ask peoples opinions before pulling the trigger on that one 😳

ah I wish I’d seen your reply earlier. Just bought a used pv1D didn’t realise they had problems😕
Will have to get on here regularly to get to know my stuff. Looking to replace my amp at the mo too so I’ll ask peoples opinions before pulling the trigger on that one 😳

Well the "good" thing is you bought it used hopefully for a much lower price than new. Sadly you would have gotten better new product most likely. However if it works fine then it will still make dramatic difference to your M1 system like you heard at in law. Place it optimally example front corner furthest from any opening so you some boundary gain to help the tiny sub and search how to setup it correctly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom