Rel T1 subwoofer very quiet

Johnnyguns

Novice Member
Hi.

I have bought a Rel T1 subwoofer to replace my old Rel Q150 sub, but after plugging it in, I've found there is basically minimum output. You can't hear any bass, the volume level works but even at max the sub barely moves.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?.
Thanks.

Johnnyguns

Novice Member
Not at the moment. I have the power lead attached, a phono going from sub out on av receiver, to the LFE input, also a neutrik cable running from speaker terminals on av receiver to the high level input on back of sub. I unplugged all these and replugged my Q150 and that works fine.

Johnnyguns

Novice Member
Yeah tried it with just one or the other. Same thing. I think there's a problem with the voice coil or amp, will try and get refund

Johnnyguns

Novice Member
Well the seller is trying to tell me it was working when I took it, so reported to Facebook marketplace to see if I can get a refund, real shame because I thought this sub might be really good. Might open it up to see if there is any loose wires.

happycamper515

Your Rel may have two volume knobs, mine does. One for the high level and one for LFE/.1. Make sure you're turning the LFE/.1 knob. You can always try the high level with the Neutrik connector as well.

Johnnyguns

Novice Member
Yeah I I've tried both knobs I've tried doing them individually and then together I think it might be a problem with the amplifier circuit board

wine man

Sounds like you've been sold a duff. I had a MA sub a few years ago. After 15 years it suddenly emitted a very muffled low level sound and the sub adjusters made no difference. The amp board was faulty. I didn't bother getting it repaired due to it's age so bought a new BK to replace it.

ldeich

Novice Member
Yeah I I've tried both knobs I've tried doing them individually and then together I think it might be a problem with the amplifier circuit board
@Johnnyguns , did you ever solve the issue? Did it require repairs? If so what had to be replaced and how much did it cost? I have the exact same issue with both of my REL T3s. All Level Gains and crossover are set to max, but I always get super low volume on any connection Low Level, High Level, and LFE,

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom