1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REL Subs

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by jmlane, Feb 25, 2001.

1. jmlane

jmlane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the next few weeks (hopefully!) I'm going to go and demo some REL subs. I've narrowed my shortlist down to Q100, Q201, Strata, and the Storm. What are the main diffences soundwise between the Q's and the St's, how does there downfiring compared to coventional effect sound and does this make one more suited to certain environments than the other.

Thank you.

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,663
    Basically the Q range has more thump, whereas the ST range are more musical.
    Both ranges are great for both movies and music but are oriented slightly towards one funtion or the other.

3. jmlane

jmlane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that's really helpful.

4. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I demo'd a Strata III and a Q200 back to back with B&W 600 series speakers and a Yamaha AX-1 amp and I preffered the Strata with movies!

I suppose that goes to show that it really is a personal thing and that demoing equipment is the only way to be sure.
    Whichever model you go for I am sure you will be happy as Rel's are probably THE best sub's around.

Try to get the store to loan you the one you think you like best to try at home too....just to be sure (REL encourage their dealers to allow home trials of their subs so there shouldn't be any problem).

------------------
    "Why don't we wait here a while...see what happens..."
    The member formaly known as Jason